Personal Accident Insurance | Frequently Ask Questions
• Permanent disability
• Temporary disability
• Medical expenses
• Cover tends to be in multiples of 500,000 Thai Baht for Death & Disability benefit, with medical cover in the range of 100,000 Thai Baht.
• Most, but not all insurers will only pay 50% of the Death benefit if the accident involves a motorcycle. Eg. If the benefit is 1,000,000 Thai Baht and the insured was riding a motorbike then the insurer would only pay out 500,000 Thai Baht.
Some of the major exclusions to a Personal Accident policy are, but are not limited to:
- Action of the Insured while under the influence of alcohol, addictive drugs or narcotic drugs.
- Treatment arising from a consequence of war, riot and strikes
- Bacterial infections and/or diseases suffered as a result of an accident
- Medical or surgical treatments not related to an accident
- Suicide, attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury
- While Insured serves as a soldier, police
- While insured is taking part in dangerous sports or activities
- Any injury as a result of a criminal offence
- While Insured is a non-commercial airline passenger
- While Insured is a crew member of an aircraft
- Dental care
- Back pain
A Personal Accident Insurance is not to be confused with a regular Health Insurance. The main goal of the Personal Accident Insurance is to give you entitlement to a financial benefit in case of death or permanent disability. In addition, there is a certain amount available for medical expenses. This cover is however not comparable to the cover provided by a full Health Insurance plan. In case you have a good Health Insurance plan, medical expenses will be covered (no matter whether hospitalization is caused by an accident or by illness).